At Gorton Primary School we are committed to raising the attainment of the pupils at our school. To ensure all pupils achieve their potential it is vital that they attend school daily. This attendance page will give you all the information you might need about attendance at Gorton primary School. If you wish to talk to someone about attendance please come into the school office to make an appointment with the Principal Ms Williams.
At Gorton Primary school we are committed to improving the attendance of pupils at our school. As a result of this we have designed a range of incentives to encourage pupils into school on time every day.
- Dojos awarded for punctuality and attendance
- Text messages to parents: daily attendance, current attendance and best class
- Chocolate surprise for the class with the best attendance
- Class with best attendance gets Gordon the Gorton Attendance Bear for the week
- Attendance Newsletters highlighting all the positive work achieved
- Attendance certificate and special assembly for all pupils who have achieved 96+% for that half term
- Attendance treat for all pupils who have achieved 96+% for that half term
- Attendance certificate and special assembly for all pupils who have achieved 96+% for that term
- Attendance Disco for all pupils who have achieved 96+% for that half term. During the disco pupils get drinks and snacks and have fun dancing to their favourite songs. Every term we start again from the beginning allowing every pupils a chance to attend the next disco if they have 96% attendance or above.
- 100% attendance badges, certificate and cuddly bear
- 100% Attendance School Trip- Gold Trip paid for by school